It nearly the end of 2013. It’s been a busy and eventful year and is ending with me living in a flat I own, with my lovely lady and a brand new cat!
I could do a whole ‘looking back at my year’ blog post, but instead I thought I would have a look back through some of the 35mm film scans from the year and pick my favourites that haven’t yet seen the light of the internet. As far as I now these are all shot on a Nikon FE and Ilford HP5 400.
Some photography resolutions for the new year:
– Learn to use (and love) Lightroom, because apparently everyone else does.
– More film photography. (This is helped by the lady getting me lots of nice film for Christmas)
– More colour photography. I feel like I ‘see’ images in black and white when I am taking them. Doing colour properly is a discipline I need to do better.
– Learn to use flash properly.
– Keep doing my Blip journal, even if it’s not every day.
– Take more portraits.
– And the big one. Think up, decide on and undertake a proper new project (…and maybe get it exhibited somewhere).
Will be back to tick these off, promise.
(All photographs copyright Lewis Brown)